Anantnag:In a heartbreaking turn of events, a fierce gunfight with suspected terrorists in the Anantnag district of Jammu and Kashmir has led to the loss of three dedicated officers – Colonel Manpreet Singh and Major Ashish Dhonchak of 19 Rashtriya Rifles, and DSP Humayun Bhat of the Jammu and Kashmir Police. This incident occurred during the intervening night of Tuesday and Wednesday, sending shockwaves across the region.https://x.com/ANI/status/1702184385053876475?s=20
Table of Contents
- Incident Overview:
- The encounter took place in the forests surrounding Gadool village of Kokernag in Anantnag.
- Preliminary reports suggest the involvement of terrorists from The Resistance Front (TRF), a shadow group of the Pakistan-backed Lashkar-e-Taiba.
- Apart from the tragic loss of the three officers, one Army soldier and five policemen were wounded in the ongoing shootout.
- Earlier in August, two civilians and a soldier suffered injuries in a grenade explosion during a similar operation in the same village.
- Total Casualties:
- This incident adds to the grim statistics of terrorism-related attacks in the region, with 119 Army, CAPF, and J&K Police personnel losing their lives in the Kashmir zone since August 5, 2019.
- Operation Details:
- The operation was conducted by a combined force of the Army and police, led by the decorated officer, Col. Singh.
- The officers came under fire from terrorists hiding behind trees, resulting in their grave injuries.
- A blog called “Kashmir Fight,” allegedly operated from Rawalpindi in Pakistan, claimed that “Resistance Fighters carried out a surprise counterattack.”
- Profiles of the Fallen Officers:
- Col. Manpreet Singh had served the Army for nearly 17 years and was on the verge of completing his tenure with Rashtriya Rifles.
- Maj. Ashish Dhonchak was a Sena Medal recipient in 2023.
- DSP Humayun Bhat was a young officer who had recently become a father.
Include details about Col. Singh’s family, Maj. Dhonchak’s background, and DSP Bhat’s family to add a human touch to the story. Mention their hometowns, family members, and any unique aspects of their lives.
- Highlight the emotional scenes at the wreath-laying ceremony attended by dignitaries and family members.
- Mention Lt. Governor Manoj Sinha’s presence and any statements made during the ceremony.
The loss of these officers has deeply impacted their respective communities. Col. Singh, hailing from Bharonjian near Mullanpur in New Chandigarh, leaves behind his wife, Jagmeet Grewal, a dedicated economics lecturer in Haryana, and their two young children. The Colonel’s father’s legacy as a Naik in the Army adds to the family’s storied history of service to the nation. The grief in their DLF residence in New Chandigarh is palpable, and their neighbors and friends are offering their unwavering support during this challenging time.
Maj. Dhonchak, on the other hand, was from Panipat district in Haryana, and while further details about him were not immediately available, the impact of his loss is no less profound. His family, like Col. Singh’s, must now grapple with the immense grief and sorrow that accompanies such a tragedy.
DSP Humayun Bhat’s untimely demise has left a void in the hearts of those who knew him. Having only been married for a year and with a three-month-old son, his family’s joy over the arrival of their newborn has been cruelly juxtaposed with the tragedy of losing the infant’s father. The Bhat family, originally from Tral in Pulwama district, now residing near Srinagar airport in Humhama, finds itself in the unenviable position of having to cope with this devastating loss.
A Nation Mourns Anantnag attack:
The entire nation mourns the loss of these gallant officers who dedicated their lives to safeguarding our country. Their sacrifices are a testament to the unwavering commitment of our security forces in the face of adversity. As we come together to honor their memory, it is also a reminder of the relentless challenges faced by our troops in regions where they tirelessly work to maintain peace and security.
Lieutenant Governor Manoj Sinha’s presence at the wreath-laying ceremony reflects the government’s commitment to recognizing and honoring the sacrifices made by our brave soldiers and police officers. The nation stands united in grief, offering condolences to the families of Col. Manpreet Singh, Maj. Ashish Dhonchak, and DSP Humayun Bhat, praying that they find the strength to bear their immense loss.
The tragedy in Anantnag serves as a somber reminder of the complex and perilous situations our security forces confront daily. As the nation mourns the loss of these heroes, it is incumbent upon us to stand in solidarity with their families and ensure that their sacrifices are never forgotten. Their memory will continue to inspire generations of officers and soldiers who dedicate their lives to protecting our beloved India in Anantnag incident.
The tragic loss in Anantnag of these brave officers serves as a stark reminder of the challenges faced by security forces in the region. The nation mourns their sacrifice, and their families are in our thoughts during this difficult time.
To read more our blog:https://spotnews2023.com/index.php/2023/09/12/eastern-libya-flooding/